The Barton P. and Mary D. Cohen Charitable Trust makes grants that continue their commitment to bettering the communities that they belonged to through the awarding of grants for programs related to the arts, education, history, the library, social justice and religious organizations. Below we have a sampling of grants showing Completed and In Progress Projects by Category.
Cohen Charitable Trust invests in projects that increase audience and revenue, support strategic planning, create technology efficiencies and foster collaboration.
- STEMS Fundraiser for Arts & Recreation Foundation of Overland Park
- The Nerman Museum for art acquisition
Cohen Charitable Trust supports programs that establish an environment of learning at an early age and encourage learning throughout every stage of life.
- Academy of Finance for students at Bishop Ward High School, KC, KS
- Operations Support for the Hyman Brand Hebrew Academy
- Wyandotte Country School incentive program for field trips to Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art
- The University of Missouri-Kansas City Law Foundation for the establishment of the Julian Klein Davidson Scholarship Fund
Cohen Charitable Trust invests in programs that perpetuate and preserve local history.
- Freedoms Frontier National Heritage Area information video for Territorial Kansas Heritage Alliance
- The Flint Hills Prairie Kansas history preservation project by The Nature Conservancy – Kansas Chapter
Cohen Charitable Trust supports library programs that enable libraries to store, disseminate, transfer, and convey information. It is our goal for the library or facilities to be a ready resource for all persons interested in learning.
- Establishment of Barton P. Cohen Conference Room at Plaza Branch of the Kansas City Public Library